The CANA Group of Companies
With over 70 years of experience in Alberta, the CANA Group of Companies has built a long standing reputation for delivering projects on budget and on schedule.
Comprised of CANA Construction, CANA Utilities, CANA High Voltage and Shepard Development, the Simpson Family has owned and managed the CANA Group of Companies for more than 5 generations. That hands-on approach ensures a tradition of consistency that Albertans trust for their unique construction projects.
Our reliability has been recognized for eleven consecutive years with our designation as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies.
In addition to Construction Management, CANA Construction has the versatility to provide services under stipulated lump-sum contracts, fixed-fee contracts, design-build services and project management services.
Since 1969 we have completed more than $5 billion of construction management projects while our firm but fair approach has earned numerous repeat clients and strong relationships with our design partners and subtrades.
The majority of CANA Construction's senior management team have more than 30 years of experience in the construction industry and their Canadian Construction Association Gold Seal certification recognizes their experience and educational achievements in construction.
Our office personnel are primarily Professional Engineers or have equivalent qualifications.
Some significant CANA Construction projects:
- Calgary International Airport
- Petro-Canada Centre
- Bow Valley Squares, 1-4
- Performing Arts Centre
- Pengrowth Saddledome - original building and 1995 renovation
- Rockyview Hospital - original building and 2004 renovation
- Hyatt Hotel and Convention Centre
- Calgary Courts Centre
- Spruce Meadows
- SMART Technologies Headquarters
- CANA Construction is also responsible for a major portion of the development at Mount Royal College and more than 50 per cent of the University of Calgary facilities
- WestJet Campus, Phase I
- Centennial Arenas Expansion
- COP Athletic and Ice Complex Phase 1& 2
- U of C's Taylor Family Digital Library and High Density Library
- Telus World of Science & Kids Creative Muesum
- Canada's Sports Hall of Fame
- Calgary Courts Centre, Phase 2
- Rockyview Hospital Expansion
- Husky Office in Lloydminister
CANA Construction's major projects underway:
- Mount Royal University Conservatory
- COP Athletic Ice Complex Phase 3
- West LRT Stations/Substations
- Westbrook Office Construction
- Keynote II
- National Music Centre
- Strategic Services for the Calgary Convention Centre
"We solve our problems on the basis of not who's right, but what's right. After all, since 1942 we've built a lot more than a solid reputation."