The Construction Manager provides overall direction for assigned projects and assumes responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality assurance and project status. This position involves subcontract negotiations, liaison with owners, engineers, and sub-trades, and management of the technical and financial aspects of the contract. The Construction Manager is the front line CANA contact with consultants and the Owner, and is therefore responsible for promoting and projecting the CANA image of efficiency, quality, and technical competence and fair management of trades and suppliers.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Participate in development of initial estimating, planning, schedules, tendering, cost summary and project reporting procedures.
- Assist in the provision of pre-construction services including pre-qualification estimating, value engineering, construction plans and engineering and scheduling.
- Lead, participate and monitor the delivery of site specific safety programs and ensure compliance with applicable CANA Safety programs and legislated requirements.
- Develop and monitor the project schedule and budget.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with owners, architects, consultants, subcontractors, and the public.
- Develop, implement and manage quality control programs.
- Manage compliance on contractual responsibilities, contract documents and provide dispute resolution.
- Manage all change orders, including negotiating, processing and assessing cost and schedule impacts.
- Negotiate issues related to subcontracts and major purchase orders to ensure that contract delays or disputes are properly documented and invoiced.
- Verify and monitor progress billings to owners and from subcontractors.
- Review productivity planning and monitoring.
- Provide regular performance status reports regarding cost forecasts, schedule and safety.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project employees.
- Ensure project profitability.
- Engage in all facets of project close-out.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management. Equivalencies will be considered.
- 10 – 15 years of proven experience as a Construction/Project Manager with progressive responsibility in the size and scope of projects