Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
• Work as part of a project team to produce high quality deliverables that meet the needs of clients.
• Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches, and specifications for electrical substations, including:
o Structural steel
o Concrete and steel piles, base plates and anchor bolts
o Soil foundation pads for electrical equipment following geotechnical requirements and specifications for the specific project site.
o Architectural features of substation buildings; site grade, drainage and roadwork
• Assist in evaluating the technical quality of work completed by Civil/Structural consultants.
• Provide input to proposals, feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications.
• Develop and maintain corporate civil/structural standards for engineering and construction.
• Respond to engineering inquiries from the field as they arise.
• Provide guidance to team members.
• Minimum 10 years engineering experience, preferably in a project environment in the electrical utility or oil and gas industry.
• Broad knowledge of general civil and structural designs and an understanding of industry codes, standards, and construction methods.
• Professional Engineer registered in the Province of Alberta.
• Excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience leading and motivating a small or medium sized team.
• Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
• Professional conduct with both internal and external customers
• Demonstrate a commitment to all facets of the role; working towards the achievement of the company goals and objectives
• Awareness of policies and procedures and fellow team members within the organization.