Senior Project Manager
The Project Manager derives his/her authority from and reports directly to the Manager - Projects. Main duties will encompass the simultaneous management of several projects ranging anywhere in value from $5,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 ensuring that CANA UTILITIES’ best interests are served and the client/owners expectations are met or exceeded.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
• Effectiveness Communication – written and verbal
• Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrated technical ability and application of appropriate processes and procedures
• Stability under pressure
• Effectiveness in provision of customer service – internal and external
• Organization, prioritization, time management
• Attitude, initiative level of effort, commitment
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Engineering/Design of electrical distribution and street lighting for residential communities. (Responsibility with regard to engineering will be in a capacity of laying out designs as per pre-established guidelines that an outside firm/organization will review and sign).
• Provide pre-construction services which include preparing precise cost estimates, tendering contract bid proposals, engineering as required, drafting (AutoCAD and hand), sourcing all approvals, material take-off, and material orders.
• Work with the Town/City/MD and Consultants/Developers/Owners to create designs, which are acceptable to all parties involved.
• Coordinate with Telephone, CATV, Gas and any other utilities to install their equipment along with the Electrical facilities.
• Ensure that all contractual obligations of the project are understood and met by all parties.
• Ordering of materials and transfer of in-stock material to specific jobs.
• Prepare and submit all progress claims and progress reports. Assist the Accounting Department in follow-up and collection of payments.
• Preparing as-built drawings following completion of the project and signing of the completion certificate.
• Ensure that project Close-out, As-built drawings and manual requirements are met. Coordinate quality control packages and ensure customer follow-up.
• Support to the Supervisor of Engineering and Estimating and provide new staff members with training and mentoring as required.
• Assist in the preparation of construction management submissions, project budgets, or contract negotiations. Assist in the company marketing effort where appropriate and as directed.
• Assist in networking and marketing of the corporation to Owners, Consultants and other clients. Assist in planning for the corporation by pursuing all project leads and market opportunities.
• Represent the corporation in various industry and professional associations as appropriate and with the concurrence of Senior Management.
• Foster team spirit and camaraderie among all staff to achieve efficient and productive performance.
• Other duties as required.
• Computer skills – Autocad, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability in Project scheduling including use of computer programs such as Primavera or Microsoft Projects.
• 5-10 years demonstrated experience in engineering and construction of electrical utility projects – transmission lines, substations, underground installations
• Professional Engineer or Registered Technologist certification, or technical trade certification (Power Lineman).
• Member of , or eligible for membership in Alberta Society of Engineering Technologist or Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta