Project Coordinator - URD
The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing design assistance and carrying out the administrative duties required for the day to day project management of Underground Residential Projects under the direction and supervision of the Manager -Projects.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
• Effectiveness Communication – written and verbal
• Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrated technical ability and application of appropriate processes and procedures
• Stability under pressure
• Effectiveness in provision of customer service – internal and external
• Organization, prioritization, time management
• Attitude, initiative level of effort, commitment
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor / manager.
To effectively complete the minimum responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
• Engineering/Design of electrical distribution and street lighting for residential communities. (Responsibility with regard to engineering will be in a capacity of laying out designs as per pre-established guidelines that an outside firm/organization will review and sign).
• Provide pre-construction services which include preparing precise cost estimates, tendering contract bid proposals, engineering as required, drafting (AutoCAD and hand), sourcing all approvals, material take-off, and material orders.
• Work with the Town/City/MD and Consultants/Developers/Owners to create designs, which are acceptable to all parties involved.
• Coordinate with Telephone, CATV, Gas and any other utilities to install their equipment along with the Electrical facilities.
• Ensure that all contractual obligations of the project are understood and met by all parties.
• Ordering of materials and transfer of in-stock material to specific jobs.
• Prepare and submit all progress claims and progress reports. Assist the Accounting Department in follow-up and collection of payments.
• Preparing as-built drawings following completion of the project and signing of the completion certificate.
• Ensure that project Close-out, As-built drawings and manual requirements are met. Coordinate quality control packages and ensure customer follow-up.
• Support to the Supervisor of Engineering and Estimating and provide new staff members with training and mentoring as required.
• Assist in the preparation of construction management submissions, project budgets, or contract negotiations. Assist in the company marketing effort where appropriate and as directed.
• Assist in networking and marketing of the corporation to Owners, Consultants and other clients. Assist in planning for the corporation by pursuing all project leads and market opportunities.
• Represent the corporation in various industry and professional associations as appropriate and with the concurrence of Senior Management.
• Foster team spirit and camaraderie among all staff to achieve efficient and productive performance.
• Other duties as required.
• Computer skills – Autocad, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability in Project scheduling including use of computer programs such as Primavera or Microsoft Projects.
• 1-3 years demonstrated experience in engineering and construction of electrical utility projects
• Member of or eligible for membership in Alberta Society of Engineering Technologist or Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta
• Professional conduct with both internal and external customers.
• Demonstrate a commitment to all facets of the role; working towards the achievement of the company goals and objectives.
• Awareness of policies and procedures and fellow team members within the organization.