The Project Analyst is responsible for performing various project related accounting duties and providing administration support. This role will also provide assistance in the purchasing department.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
• Effectiveness in communication – written and verbal
• Strong analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrated technical ability, application of appropriate processes and procedures.
• Stability under pressure
• Organization, prioritization, time management
• Effectiveness in provision of customer service – internal and external
• Attitude, Initiative, level of effort, commitment
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
• Monitor work orders to ensure job is completed within agreed upon time frame. Request and manage change orders as required.
• Track timesheets and obtain approvals on a timely manner to ensure billings are up to date.
• Compile recoverable timesheets and 3rd party invoices/packing slips along with field change orders.
• Analyze billings vs costs and help investigate low margin work orders(projects).
• Assist in the preparation of monthly project projections.
• Assist in preparing billing worksheets and coordinate with PM’s and Main Office accounting.
• Create computerized purchase orders from material requisitions, email and phone requests, ensuring cost coding is accurate.
• Help coordinate the pick up or delivery of orders with drivers, couriers or suppliers as appropriate.
• Track and expedite orders, following up on back orders as required.
• Assist with maintaining a detailed database containing purchasing information.
• Book flights and track hotel requirements and issue/update purchase orders as required.
• Utilize strong written and oral communication skills, possess ability to organize project reports, strong computer skills, knowledge of estimating
• Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of electrical parts and construction building materials would be an asset.
• Above average computer literacy.
• Strong attention to detail
• University education with accounting background preferred
• Professional conduct with both internal and external customers
• Demonstrate a commitment to all facets of the role; working towards the achievement of the company goals and objectives
• Awareness of policies and procedures and fellow team members within the organization.