Intermediate Electrical Engineer
As part of the CANA group of companies, CANA High Voltage provides a one-stop solution for the engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance of high voltage power transmission and substation projects in Western Canada from our offices in Alberta.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
CANA High Voltage has a full time career opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer based in our Calgary office. The Intermediate Electrical Engineer would be responsible to coordinate his/her design activities as well as activities of other Electrical Designers used by CANA High Voltage to meet project schedules and ensure successful project completion
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
• Responsible for the preparation, review and checking of: drawings, Bills of Materials, Requisitions and Calculations to ensure they conform to design, customer and code requirements.
• Accountable for providing design support for Construction and Testing and Commissioning during the construction /start-up phase of the project.
• Actively promotes safety in design.
• Coordinates and directs the work of junior Engineers/Designers/Drafting.
• Mentors junior Engineers/Designers via on-the-job training and knowledge transfer.
• Remains up-to-date on current technologies and engineering standards in CHV’s areas of expertise
• Responsible for the preparation of engineering estimates and schedules.
• Graduate electrical engineer and APEGGA member with 5-10 years’ experience in the design of High Voltage utility and industrial substations.
• Experienced in electrical apparatus, grounding and station equipment design.
• Knowledge using engineering software, relay coordination and settings and protection and control system design are also needed.