Comprised of CANA Construction, CANA Utilities, CANA High Voltage and Shepard Development, the CANA Group of Companies has been in business for more than five generations. Our hands-on approach ensures a tradition of consistency that Albertans trust for their unique construction projects.
CANA Construction is currently seeking a talented HR professional with strong interpersonal and technical skills to be our new
The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for providing professional, accurate and timely administrative support services to the Human Resources team in areas such as recruitment, training, data and file management and human resources services.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provide timely, high quality support to the Human Resources team.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Provide assistance to the recruitment function by preparing job postings, managing advertising, tracking and distributing resumes, setting-up interviews, completing the required background checks and conducting employee orientations.
- Assist with the training and development program - research training providers and/or programs, assist with the design of a training tracking system and register participants in training
- Administer CANA’s apprenticeship program, assist in financial tracking and reporting including invoicing, creating purchase orders, and budgetary tracking.
- Maintain the Human Resources webpage and Intranet.
- Maintain organizational charts.
- Compile human resource reports and data including employee and workforce performance, attendance and development.
- General administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms, reports, presentations and filing.
- Assist in the development and updating of Human Resources procedures.
- Maintain human resources records and files, including creating files for new employees.
- Support the Human Resources department with other projects as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in an administrative role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism, sound judgment and the ability to use discretion and diplomacy while maintaining confidentiality, ethics and company standards
- Positive attitude toward change and continuous improvement; ability to develop new ideas linking HR to business results, best practices, efficiencies and technology;
- Proactive and collaborative team player with a strong customer service focus
- Advanced skills with Microsoft programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Human Resources Management Certificate and/or Diploma is an asset
- Previous experience with an HRIS system or Applicant Tracking Systems is an asset
If you feel that this is the right challenge for you, and you meet these qualifications, please respond by 5:00pm on April 30, 2014 by sending your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency inquiries please.