General Manager, Transmission
Reporting to the President, this role is responsible for leading the successful bidding, planning and execution of transmission line projects ensuring profitability, growth and stability for the Transmission Division.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
Provide leadership and direction to the group in the disciplines and methodologies of reliable construction project delivery from the bid to final construction acceptance by the client including effective project management, costing, risk management, safety performance, productivity and quality.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
• Developing and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships;
• Provide leadership necessary to set the standard of project service delivery;
• Ensuring construction work is consistently accurate, of a high quality in accordance with project specifications, scheduled and completed to meet project deliverables;
• Oversee ongoing development and consistent application of construction and project management processes;
• Participate in business development opportunities;
• Lead/assist with project proposals/bidding, includes oversight of the estimating and bid process management up through final bid review and approval;
• Provide direction to the Transmission team, including establishing goals and training requirements, recruitment, performance evaluations, succession planning and mentoring;
• Foster team work among company personnel and promote continuous improvement;
• Conduct project reviews to monitor project performance including cost, progress, availability of personnel, equipment requirements, job morale, adequacy of work force and subcontractor performance. Provide guidance and coaching as required including negotiating and approving change orders and handling escalated billing/collection issues.
• Actively participates in the development of safe work practices; leads in the advancement of Safety initiatives; provides strong support to CANA Utilities Safety program, including strong management of non-compliance. Will take a proactive role working with the Safety Coordinators.
• Identifies equipment requirements for transmission projects, participating in annual budget requests, maintenance programs and disposition. Working closely with the Equipment Manager to insure the best ROI on equipment assets.
• For specific projects undertake the hands-on project management;
• Collaborate with peers (management team) to ensure effective delivery of service and consistent management philosophy;
• Participate in industry activities, staying abreast of emerging technologies or construction techniques, new equipment, material and tools;
• Monitor the ongoing development and effectiveness of the QA/QC program;
• Ongoing, timely communication to the President on major issues and challenges as well as performance status against the project business plan.
• Proven ability in leadership and management of field staff (minimum 15 years’ experience) in transmission line construction/project management;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a wide spectrum of people;
• Entrepreneurial approach and the ability to take on challenges in a changing environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives;
• Positive attitude, strong client focus and results driven;
• Professional Engineer or Registered Technologist certification or technical trade certification (Power Lineman).