At an intermediate drafting level the responsibility is to follow drawing practices and procedures within electrical and civil engineering and execute drafting assignments. He/she would create and maintain engineering drawings specific to client standards, for the purpose of construction and final as built documentation.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
To provide accurate drawings, on time and on budget. Ability to manage projects, prioritize and balance a variable workload.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
• Prepare detailed drafting of complex substation layout drawings.
• Prepare electrical drafting of grounding layouts, electrical equipment, schematics, wiring and panel layouts.
• Prepare civil and structural drawings as related to substation layouts
• Participate in the development of drafting standards and procedures.
• A completed technical degree or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
• Proficient in the use of Microstation V8 and/or V8i, with a solid understanding of raster file software.
• Comfortable working in a 3D drafting environment.
• Professional conduct with both internal and external customers
• Demonstrate a commitment to all facets of the role; working towards the achievement of the company goals and objectives
• Awareness of policies and procedures and fellow team members within the organization.