At an intermediate/senior level, lead the procurement team providing quotations and purchasing services for the Engineering, Field Services and Panel Shop business units in a support role working efficiently to meet project requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
To facilitate and expedite the flow of materials, working with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery on a timely basis consistent with project schedules while ensuring the most cost effective pricing. Effectively and efficiently prioritizing and balancing a variable workload.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
• Identify and determine the best sources for materials and services at the best possible price, taking into consideration project scheduling requirements;
• Review procurement procedures and practices optimizing them for the business;
• Processes and generates purchase orders in accordance with corporate policies;
• Track and expedite purchase orders, following up on back orders as required;
• Maintain multiple vendor relationships;
• Confer with company personnel & vendors to co-ordinate shipping activities;
• Providing assistance on sources of supply, lead times and pricing for project scope changes and change orders;
• Inventory management
o maintaining accurate inventory records with respect to pricing and quantities;
o evaluate inventory on a yearly basis based on an actual count;
• Cost and process material transfers on an as required basis (as a minimum, monthly);
• Confirm item quantities and prices on supplier packing slips is consistent with purchase orders;
• Good knowledge of standard methods and established purchasing procedures;
• Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office;
• Minimum of five years’ experience, preferably in the Electrical Utility Industry;
• PMAC Level II or other related discipline;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments with tight timelines;
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with internal and external customers, suppliers and co-workers;
• Proven negotiation and analytical skills;
• Excellent organizational skills that demonstrates the ability to resolve conflicting priorities;
• Ability to work independently as well as on a team;
• Experience in engineering/construction would be an asset.
• Professional conduct with both internal and external customers
• Demonstrate a commitment to all facets of the role; working towards the achievement of the company goals and objectives
• Awareness of policies and procedures and fellow team members within the organization.